International Students Transitioning to Educational and Personal Success
Are you a NEW International UNDERGRADUATE Student?
I-STEPS is a 10-week course designed specifically for new, first-year, International students. This course provides them opportunities to:
Do you want to learn more about American life and culture?
Interested in meeting other International students and having support system in your first year?
If so, I-STEPS is for YOU!
• Learn more about U.S. culture in a comfortable environment
• Receive tips and suggestions on how to succeed academically and socially at UCI
• Create a network of friends, staff, and faculty at UCI
• Explore on-campus resources and services
Featured topics for Fall Quarter:
• Time Management
• Utilizing UCI Libraries
• Cultural Adjustment
• Success in the U.S. Classroom
• Your Immigration Status
• and much more!
About the Course:
• Only once a week for 50 minutes
• Receive 1.3 pass/no pass units
• No Exams! All levels of English welcomed!
More information regarding Fall 2017 schedule coming soon!
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
What Past I-STEPS Students Have Said:
"I-STEPS helped me overcome my homesickness. Lets me know how to get involved on campus."
"I use the tips and knowledge I got in this class, indeed.
I will recommend to my friends who is coming next quarter."
"We have classes in a very comfortable environment and we can say our opinions."
Photos from I-STEPS Fall 2013