Academic Difficulty

Visa regulations require that students enroll full-time [minimum of 12 units] and make normal progress towards their degree. Please call the International Center [949.824.7249] if you have any questions or need to discuss a specific situation.

Enrolling Below 12 Units

Immigration law does allow a student to enroll in less than 12 units if they are experiencing academic difficulty due to improper placement, English language challenges, or other academic reasons. However, the student is allowed this benefit only one quarter. Please see below for more information.

Graduate: Enrolling in Less Than 12 Units

Undergraduate: Enrolling in Less Than 12 Units

Transferring to Another School

Students may request a transfer of their SEVIS/immigration record to another U.S. school. Please advise students to contact the International Center immediately to ensure that we can assist them in transferring their SEVIS record.


Travel Signature

Request Process


Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday
9 - 11 a.m.
International Center

Coffee Hour

Every Friday 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Counseling Center, Student Services I


Subscribe to the International Center
Programs & Activities Newsletter!

Campus Climate