UCI International Center

Permanent Residents

Section 1

Permanent Residency authorizes a foreign national to live and work in the U.S. indefinitely. There are several ways to obtain permanent residency in the U.S, including: a petition from an employer, marriage to a U.S. citizen, sponsorship by a close relative who is a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, or the U.S. Department of State diversity lottery program.

UCI sponsors employment-based permanent residency visa petitions only. For permanent residency petitions that are not employment-based, contact an attorney.

Sponsorship at UCI

If you are or will be hired at UCI under an employment category eligible for permanent residency sponsorship, your department must contact the UCI Office of Academic Personnel.

Group Picture